2.7
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

This company has an excellent platform for moving and transferring money around. Their technology is right up there.

The problem is all the bureaucrats working there who insist on check after check, hold after hold, verification after verification.

First thing I tried was a payment from one of my bank accounts to fund my Payoneer. Apparently not allowed. Can't receive money from yourself.

Next they opened an AUD (Australian Dollar) currency for me, which looked great. Has an Australian bank account number. So I gave this number to my client. He paid quickly and conveniently.

Then it gets stopped at the Payoneer border control where they ask you a million nosy questions about where this money is coming from. So I jumped through all the hoops, gave them invoices and everything they wanted. In the end they said they would let this 9000 AUD payment through this one time, but never again, pointing to something in their terms and conditions about only receiving money from US or EU companies.

So, what's the point of an AUD account ???

They said I would not be allowed in the future and to go through one of their Partners.

So I looked for Partners and found one called Envoice. Seemed ok. Created an invoice, sent to my client, he paid in USD. Then that 1000 USD payment was stopped at the border and they wanted. 1) Merchant application form 2) Invoice 3) Work Contract 4) Email Correspondence between me and the client.

Still in the process of getting that one resolved.

One other thing you cannot do and that is link a US bank account for withdrawals. They have every 3rd world country in the book but no USA. Wonder why.

Payoneer is just an unreliable stress factory that you really don't need in your life. I was looking for a Paypal alternative and Payoneer, with the current customer support and policies is definitely not it. So happy that I'm just testing this service rather than trying to depend on it as my sole income source.

In short, if you want a good provider, use TransferWise. They are a joy to behold and haven't given me a single problem since I started my testing.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Technology and fees.

I didn't like: Bureaucracy, Customer service, Delays.

Comments

Payoneer
Payoneer Verified Representative

Hi there, My name is Melisa and I’m a Community Manager at Payoneer. First of all, we’re really sorry to read about your recent experience.

We’re taking it very seriously and hope that through feedback like yours, we’ll be able to help you and other customers in the future. At Payoneer we are dedicated to helping business owners like yourself. As a regulated financial institution we are bound to collect quite a bit of information to ensure that our platform is used purely for the correct purpose. We understand that at times, these precautions can impact the customer experience, causing annoying delays that lead to frustration.

We are trying hard to get the right balance but clearly in your case, the customer experience was impacted too much. Our team are currently in touch with you and working to resolve the issue.

We appreciate the time you took to share the feedback and as always, we are here at your service. Melisa, Payoneer